In order to maintain the safety and wellbeing of all members and visitors to the Shed, each new member will need to undertake a ‘New Member Induction’. Members will be first asked to:
- Watch the AMSA Induction and Safety Video
- Read AMSA Induction Handbook For New Members and sign the appended declaration form.
An interview will then be conducted :-
- To confirm details given on the ‘Membership Application Form’
- To answer questions relating to their
- Work experience
- Mental acuity and physical capacity.
- Willingness to assist by sharing their specific expertise eg. appropriate trade, computing, accounting, admin skills with other members.
- They will be asked to read and accept the following Policies and Procedures*:-
* These are available on-line or in hard copy at the shed. Please ask for help in finding them This information will be recorded on the forms as detailed below:- (SIMS-NMI-103.1).
- New Members Induction Package SIMS-NMI-103 Includes New Member Induction Package Assessment Form (F.SIMS-NMI-103.1)
- Machine Competency Procedure: SIMS-MC-154 Includes Machine Training Form (F.SIMS-MC-154)
Note the complete 101 page The Men’s Shed Health & Safety Manual on which our Documents are based can be accessed by clicking the link.
Metal Work Training Information (Under Construction password protected)